- This event has passed.
Webinar: Sanctioned Countries Speak
May 9, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pmFree
Sanctioned Countries Speak: U.S. Sanctions & COVID-19, A Global Threat
Hear from representatives of several countries who are affected by US sanctions and economic warfare. Register on Zoom here.
- Cuba – Ana Silvia Rodriguez Abascal, Charge des Affairs of the Cuban Mission to the United Nations
- Zimbabwe – Dr. Frank Guni, Secretary for Administration, ZANU-PF North America
- Nicaragua – Francisco O Campbell, Nicaraguan Ambassador to the U.S.
- Syria – Dr Bashar Ja’afari, Syrian Ambassador to the United Nations
- Venezuela – Carolos J. Ron Martínez, Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs
During the coronavirus crisis, the US, with the highest death count in the world, has cruelly intensified sanctions and military threats, and has tried to weaponize COVID-19 to bring down governments that will not follow the dictates of Washington and Wall Street. The US has imposed economic sanctions against 39 countries (1/3 of the world’s population). This criminal legislation denies access to essential medicine and medical equipment as well as access to world markets for food and other necessities.
The UN has urged that sanctioned be loosened during this crisis, but the US has done the opposite. Many US allies have broken with them and sent medical aid to some countries. Now is an important time for the people in the US to come out strongly against these economic sanctions, which are simply war by other means.