- This event has passed.
Support Wind Energy to Erie Co Leg
September 19, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
At Erie County Hall 92 Franklin Street 4th Floor Legislative chamber. Give Wind Energy a Chance! The Erie County Legislature is considering a hostile anti-wind resolution sponsored by Legislators Dixon and Mills and supported by Chris Collins to preemptively oppose wind development “along the shores of Lake Erie”. The Sierra Club, Citizens Campaign for the Environment, PUSH Buffalo and the Building Trades Unions will be testifying against this resolution and in favor of investment in renewables and green jobs, coupled with a rigorous review of any offshore wind projects to make sure our drinking water and the lake ecology are protected. We need to ramp up wind and solar exponentially if we are to meet our climate goals, and every area with good wind and solar resources needs to be evaluated scientifically and thoroughly. Passage of this hostile, pre-emptive resolution by the County housing New York’s 2nd largest city would sabotage our State’s chances of reaching the adopted goal of 100% carbon free electricity by 2040.
Please call your Legislator (see list below) and urge them to vote against the Dixon-Mills anti-wind resolution and please plan on joining us on the 19th at 1:00 PM.
Legislator Contact Information: Best if you call your district Legislator – if you can’t tell who that is from the map below, please call Mr. Meyers who chairs the Energy & Environment Committee, and/or Legislature Chair Ms. April Baskin.
- District No. 1: Hon. Howard J. Johnson, Jr.
- Phone: 842-0490; [email protected]
- District No. 2: Hon. April N.M. Baskin (Chair of the Legislature)
- District Office: 792 – Phone: 895-1849; [email protected]
- District No. 3: Hon. Lisa Chimera
- Phone: 832-0493; [email protected]
- District No. 4: Hon. Kevin R. Hardwick
- Phone: 858-8672; [email protected]
- District No. 5: Hon. Thomas A. Loughran
- Phone: 836-0198; [email protected]
- District No. 6: Hon. Edward A. Rath, III
- Phone: 858-8676; [email protected]
- District No. 7: Hon. Timothy Meyers
- Phone: 833-3054; [email protected]
- District No. 8: Hon. John Bruso (Majority Leader)
- Phone: 858-8856; [email protected]
- District No. 9: Hon. Lynne M. Dixon
- Phone: 858-8671; [email protected]
- District No. 10: Hon. Joseph C. Lorigo (Minority Leader)
- Phone: 858-8922; [email protected]
- District No. 11: Hon. John J. Mills
- Phone: 858-8850; [email protected]