- This event has passed.
Frida Berrigan live at Burning Books
April 11, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
At Burning Books, 420 Connecticut Ave. Come hear Frida Berrigan talk about being raised by radicals and growing into rebellious motherhood. Learn too about the Kings Bay Plowshares – seven courageous Catholic plowshares activists who are currently facing 25 years for entered Kings Bay Naval Submarine Base in St. Mary’s, Georgia on April 4th, 2018, and going on to make real the prophet Isaiah’s command to “beat swords into plowshares”. The seven are
- Elizabeth McAlister, 78, of Jonah House, Baltimore – Frida’s mother and the widow of Fr. Phil Berrigan;
- Fr. Steve Kelly SJ, 69, of the Bay Area, California;
- Carmen Trotta, 55, of the New York Catholic Worker;
- Clare Grady, 59, of the Ithaca Catholic Worker;
- Martha Hennessy, 62, of the New York Catholic Worker;
- Mark Colville, 55, of the Amistad Catholic Worker, New Haven, Connecticut; and
- Patrick O’Neill, 61, of the Fr. Charlie Mulholland Catholic Worker, Garner, North Carolina.
Learn more and sign the petition to dismiss the charges at kingsbayplowshares7.org.