|At GRAND ISLAND TOWN HALL, 2255 Grand Island Blvd, Grand Island, NY 14072, AND ON ZOOM:
Meeting ID: 857 7730 5005
Please join us for a peaceful opposition walk against Amazon’s proposed warehouse on Grand Island prior to the Town Board Meeting on Monday August 3rd. We will walk in front of Town Hall from 5:00 — 6:00 p.m RAIN OR SHINE. This is a community call to action to have our voices heard on the proposed Amazon warehouse.
What you can do:
(1) Walk in front of Town Hall to make your opposition to this project known as the Town Board members enter Town Hall for their 6:00 workshop meeting and 8:00 Town Board meeting.Wear your masks and maintain safe social distance.
(2) Carry your yard sign as you walk. If you don’t have one, we will have some available.
(3) Feel free to bring your children, spouse and friends, and lawn chairs if needed.
(4) Participate in the Town Board meeting at 8:00 p.m. by signing on to Zoom (see below).
(5) If you would like to speak at the Town Hall meeting at 8:00 p.m. to voice your opposition to the Amazon warehouse:
(a) Send an email to the two following addresses IN ADVANCE and request that you be given time to speak at the meeting.
(c) Sign into the meeting via Zoom at 8:00 p.m.
Zoom Meeting ID: 857 7730 5005
(c) If you would like, you can post the “NO AMAZON WAREHOUSE” photo as your background when you attend the meeting at 8:00, whether you speak or not.
After you sign in to the Zoom meeting:
(1) Click on “Stop Video”
(2) Click on “Choose Virtual Background”
(3) Upload the image you downloaded from here
Your presence on the screen with this background will be a powerful reminder that many Grand Islanders are opposed to this project.
Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for coming out to support NO AMAZON WAREHOUSE on Grand Island!